Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Supported by

[solved] Can I import pysony or gopro

keikei
edited September 2015 in OpenSesame

Hi!
Now I am trying to import pysony or gopro to control the camera wirelessly with the expriment trial in inline script. Can I import these libraries to opensesame? If possible, it would be great!
Hiro

Comments

• keikei
    edited September 2015
  • edited 12:36AM

Hi Hiro,

Yes, that's possible. You just download the Python modules/ packages and put them in the OpenSesame program folder. (Assuming you're on Windows.)

You should put only the relevant folders/ files in the OpenSesame folder. For pysony this looks to be the file pysony.py. For gopro this looks to be the folder gopro.

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

• keikei
    edited September 2015

Great! Now I could install pysony into my python27 by pip, and successfully manage to import pysony in my Python, but I cannot understand how dose it for opensesame, sorry. Now I simply downloaded the pysony.py script file from GitHub, and saved the file in the self-made new folder of "pysony" under the program folder "Opensamame", but it doesn't work (by checking "import pysony" command in debug window of opensesame).
    Cheers, Hiro

• edited September 2015

You need to put pysony.py directly in the OpenSesame program folder, because that folder is part of the Python path. Think of it like this:

• When you install a module (a file) or package (a folder) in a regular Python environment, the files go to the site-packages folder.
    • For OpenSesame, there is no site-packages folder, but the OpenSesame program folder functions in the same way.

Does that clear things up?

Cheers,
    Sebastiaan

• keikei
    edited 12:36AM

I can do! Many thanks for kind suggestion! K

• S_HS_H

Hello everyone!

I'm going to revive post from last year :)

I'm trying to follow the instructions mentioned above and yet getting "No module named requests".

in this link: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/gopro/0.0.2

there are 3 relevant files:

1. gopro-0.0.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl

2. gopro-0.0.2.tar.gz

3. in https://github.com/DenisCarriere/gopro, the folder "gopro"

which one should I download and where should I paste it?

I've tried each one of these options and neither created me the desired extension/plugin.

Thanks for your help!

SH

• edited 12:36AM

@S_H I responded to your question here. In the future, please don't post the same question multiple times! [-X

• S_HS_H

Thanks! I wasn't sure I'll get help on [solved] discussion :)